Occupational Therapist on the Capricorn Coast
Michelle graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) in 1997. In 2018 Michelle graduated with a Master of Applied Science (by research) also from the University of Sydney.
- Medicare allied health provider
- NDIS registration
- AHPRA registration
- Occupational Therapy Australia member
Occupational Therapy Services
- Family goal setting, current best available standardised and non- standardised assessments
- Skilled at assessing and providing task specific training using the Perceive, Recall, Plan and Perform system and the Cognitive Orientation to Occupational Performance approach to maximise task performance for children and adults experiencing difficulties with cognitive processing
- Michelle's post graduate research in handwriting and pencil use tasks resulted in the development of the "Handwriting Appearance and Satisfaction Index"
- Personal Interest in childhood anxiety in relation to occupational activities
- Subcontractor therapy assistants regularly engaged so that music, drawing, painting, exercise, sports, yoga as well as horse riding can be offered to individuals or within small groups
- In September 2018 Michelle completed the Occupational Therapy Australia Helping Children with Autism learning package
- Michelle has two boys aged 12 and 9 years
- Home visit and community treatment sessions encouraged
(E.g. Meet in the playground)
- Peer support intervention sessions encouraged
- Whole family intervention sessions encouraged
- Liaison with other allied health clinicians, doctors, specialists and schools as required.
- Michelle has worked extensively with Adults in a variety of healthcare settings in Rockhampton, Yeppoon, London and Sydney
- Occupational therapy services including equipment prescription, rehabilitation and task retraining, home modifications, task modification, help to access and practise using assistive technology
- Home Visits Encouraged
- Subcontractor therapy assistants regularly engaged so that drawing, painting, music, exercise, sports, yoga as well as horse riding can be offered to individuals or within small groups
Michelle has worked as a research assistant through the University of Sydney, the University of Queensland and Central Queensland University, where she has also worked as a casual academic.
Michelle has published two journal articles in peer reviewed occupational therapy journals (2016 and 2017) and presented her handwriting research at national professional conferences in Adelaide and Melbourne.
Get in Touch
No Referral Required
Phone Michelle on 0403 030 883
Medicare Rebates available through GP and Specialist referrals
NDIS billing for NDIS participants